Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hair Loss

On Tuesday I washed my moms hair and tons of it was falling out. She knew it was going to be bad, because she had been loosing so much over the weekend.  I was in shock and how much was in my sink and it just kept coming out. Then as I combed it and blew it dry......GOBS were coming out everywhere. It was very difficult for her and pretty upsetting for me. I've done this chemo thing before with other clients, but it's just a little different when it's your mother.
She had purchased a wig weeks ago, and we started to work on it and make it look a little more natural for her. I think she looks great in it and the color is very close to what she had. I won't say her natural color, because only I, know what that color would be! :) It's going to take some getting used to, but I know it's going to be O.K.
It was definitly a REALITY check for both of us. Makes all of it so much more real and I think it's one of those hurdles that you have to jump over......as you go through the chemo process. Hair is such a part of who you are as a woman, and I can't even imagine loosing mine. But, my mom will be used to her new look in no time :)
Thanks again for all of your continued support and love.....it means the world to us!

posted by Kari

3 comments:

  1. You're a good daughter Kari. If your mom had to go through this she sure was lucky to have you by her side. I love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that is one of the hardest things about cancer. I'm so glad you were the one to help her. I can't imagine how you were both feeling...a very tender moment I'm sure. We're all here for you guys...that's one of the many blessings of a BIG family...tons of love, support, prayers, shoulders to cry on...if you ever need me for anything please ask. LOVE YOU TONS!!! Treasa

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart breaks for her- but you guys are so strong- with you all behind her, she can make it through this!

    ReplyDelete